Brian Scherr PT, CSCS
Staff Physical Therapist
Located in our Coeur d’Alene office
- Specialty: Physical Therapy
- MPT, B.S., Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA—1997
- Idaho State Physical Therapist License
- Washington State Physical Therapist License
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Organizations / Affiliations:
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Professional Interests/Procedures:
- Sports Medicine, post-operative care, injury prevention, performance enhancement
- Personal Interests/Hobbies:
- Spending time with family, fishing, hunting, volunteering
- Joined Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute: 2016
Brian Scherr, MPT, CSCS, physical therapy, joined the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute in July 2016. He graduated from Loma Linda University in 1997 with his Master’s degree in Physical Therapy. Brian previously worked as the Rehabilitation Coordinator for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Major League Physical Therapist for the Anaheim Angels. Since leaving baseball, he has taught courses nationally, authored several articles, served as a consultant for established and start up companies along with working as a staff Physical Therapist and Clinic Director. Brian is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, certified in Graston Technique and Neuro Structural Taping. He has treated a wide range of patients from professional athletes to the general public and takes pride in working closely with physicians, staff and the patient to develop a medical team to assist in their recovery. His 19 years of experience has afforded him opportunities to continue to grow his skills through the continuum of the life span.
Brian also enjoys teaching and volunteering. He is active in the community with youth sports, athletes, and church. He enjoys community lectures and educating colleagues as well as the public.
In his free time, Brian enjoys spending time with his wife, Julia, and two children. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, hunting, and the wonderful opportunities the Pacific Northwest offers. He is excited to bring his talents to OPTI.